Join Southeast Asia Globe!
Globe Media Asia is an international media company based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, since 2007. Moving to an online-only platform in 2019, we continue to cover a wide range of topics relevant to English-reading Southeast Asians and a global readership with a keen interest in this fascinating part of the world. We produce feature length articles on a daily basis on politics, business, social issues, the environment and arts & culture.
CURRENTLY, WE ARE HIRING TO FILL THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
1. Lead Editor
Start date: Immediately
We are now looking for an experienced, innovative and highly organised editor who has strong experience with, and knowledge of Southeast Asian issues that deserve to be brought to the attention of a global readership paying for high quality content.
The lead editor is a key editorial position and is essential to the growth of our digital, analytics, and platform-based journalism community. They will manage a team of six to eight editors, writers, designers and interns as well as a range of regional contributors.
Principal job duties and responsibilities:
- Concept development and coordination of digital stories in word, photo, sound and film
- Analyse metrics, measure engagement and help our team identify and deploy tactics to meet traffic and engagement goals
- Identify and mentor Southeast Asian contributors to create intellectually engaging content
- Supervise social media streams and implement strategies to drive engagement
- Be the editorial contact point for all stakeholders
- Regularly report to the management
- Increase reader – newsroom communication and reader loyalty
- Support the growth of our reader-revenue programs
Principal job requirements:
- Deep understanding of Southeast Asia and its local news environments
- Ability to identify and create out-of-the-box editorial concepts
- A high level of understanding of editorial content readers want to pay for
- Strict adherence to deadlines and fulfillment of planning targets
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced editorial environment
- Excellent online headline-writing and copy-editing skills, SEO experience is a plus
- To build and grow a network of outstanding regional authors and writers
- A degree in digital journalism or communications
- Relevant previous newsroom experience
Please send your CV and application to:
Daniel Marchette, General Manager: d.marchette[at]globemediaasia[dot]com
2. Editorial internships
We have internships available on a rolling basis, each lasting six months, although individual circumstances can be considered. Ideally, you have a degree and/or experience in journalism/media/content management systems or web design, and are fluent in written and spoken English.